Recently I've decided to get to know internals of memory management in .NET. I've selected few articles. Sorted in recommended reading order.
- Memory Management in .NET - Article at Code Project. Brief intoduction to memory management. If you don't know anything about the topic, you should start here.
- .NET Memory Management Basics - Article at Simple Talk. More datailed but very clearly explained. In addition to the previous one, author writes more about garbage collector, types of heaps and static objects.
- The Top 5 .NET Memory Management Misconceptions - Article at Simple Talk
- Under the Hood of .NET Memory Management - free ebook from RedGate
- Garbage Collection - article at MSDN